Tuesday 22 May 2007

Linkreferral.com

I signed up to linkreferral.com a few days ago, mainly as a way of getting some traffic. Basically, you have to put either a text link (which I have) or a button link on your site which helps you as Google's spiders follow it. Also, you can view other members' sites (up to 30 a day) and review up to 5 a day of them. Also, you get ranking for making forum posts (1 a day gets you a little boost). You don't have to view 30 sites and review 5 and make 1 post as you will get bumped up your category in their directory a place or two for any of these activities. You can refer others also, however I have found that the best part of Linkreferral for me so far is that by doing these and getting higher in the directory you find that others write reviews of your site. Some of these are a few words as they are doing it for the reason above BUT ... some people actually take the time to give you an appraisal which is valuable feedback on what you are doing right or wrong. You can get that by asking your friends or family but they may well just say what you want to hear, when it may be awful and need lots of constructive criticism.

If you are here through Linkreferral and are going to write a review may I say a quick thanks!

The people who wrote me a thought out review I will be mentioning in a post and/or putting links to their sites when I get another 5 minutes. The ones with the couple of word reviews will not be receiving the same treatment!

Click thru me to give it a whirl, and let me know how you get on. I will reply to all people who contact me on this site.

Later :-)

1 comment:

hopei91 said...

Hi Simon,

I just wanted to add that I think LR is a great site to join and get free traffic..I joined in December and have over 5000 hits so you did very well in joining them. Anyone who reads this, go ahead and join under Simon here, it will certainly bring in more traffic for you...